Redplum

Goodwill Shopping Deals

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

We had a new Goodwill open here this week. I've been anticipating it's opening for over a month now as I drive by it frequently and they've had the sign up announcing the grand opening date. I was even more excited last week when I received a $5 off $20 purchase coupon in the mail for their grand opening. So I decided to brave what I was sure to be absolute craziness and go on the opening day. It proved to be even more crazy than I thought it would be. You couldn't really dig around for deals since there were so many people there but I did find some things we could use. I went there specifically looking for clothes for me, work shirts for my husband, summer clothes for my girls and some decorative items for our house. I also keep a running list in my head of things we could use and look for them at Goodwill and on clearance racks. I managed to make it out of there with only one impulse buy.

I bought:
1 Mini Boden top $1.50(for oldest daughter)
1 khaki bermuda shorts $1.50(for oldest daughter)
1 plaid bermuda shorts NEW $1.50 (for oldest daughter)
2 pair of sandals NEW $7.98 (for daugthers)
1 pk. spoons NEW $1.99(I'll use these in the girls lunches. We're down to just two spoons for lunches so these will be very useful. Also, I'm hoping the bright colors will keep them from tossing them.)
6 cloth napkins .79 cents (for lunch boxes)
Photoshop 6 for Dummies $1.99 (This was my impulse buy. I have had Photoshop 6 for years. I figured there might be something I could learn about it after all this time.)
1 medium white vase .89 cents
2 small white vases $1.18
Total with tax: $20.58
Minus $5/$20 Q
Total OOP: $15.58
This post is linked to:

2 comments:

mrs. fisher's findings March 6, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

We just had a new Goodwill store open up too! I always love to read about what people find at Goodwill. Our opening day was pretty crazy too. I took lots of pictures. :) Found you on MSM.

Gustavo March 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

Nice shopping deals has been arranged by goodwill for the people to shop for more items. In conditions of worth, excellence and dependability, the evaluation sites are the best options to judge against different shopping deals. These websites are fairly user-friendly, which could be managed by any person of any age.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP