Redplum

Simplifying Saturday

>> Saturday, September 26, 2009

I haven't posted a Simplifying Saturday post in a few weeks. I've been so busy. We travelled over Labor Day weekend and have been going pretty much non-stop since. Most of my time has been spent painting rather than decluttering but I finally had a chance to get rid of more stuff this week. Our local communtiy consignment sale is going on this weekend so I loaded up a bunch of my girls' outgrown clothing and toys for that. It's always nice to get rid of stuff and make a little money. I went through the tubs of hand me downs this week and discovered that my youngest has plenty of clothing for this Fall/Winter. Yay! I just need to buy her some dress shoes. My oldest daughter on the other hand needs almost an entire wardrobe. She has one pair of jeans, 3 tops & 2 dresses. She does have 2 other pair of jeans that I had bought ahead but they are still too big for her. She is in between 8s and 10s so it's making it tricky to find pants that fit. I was planning to shop at this consigment sale as well for the needed wardrobe items but H1N1 struck at our house this week so we're hanging out at home instead. I'll just hunt down some good sales elsewhere when my daughter is feeling better and I'll be able to use the money I made at the consignment sale to pay for it.

Did you get any decluttering accomplished this week? If so, leave a comment sharing what you did.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I'm working on decluttering. Our consignment sale is in a couple of weeks, & I have a TON of stuff to get finished!!!! The great part is, for volunteering @ the sale, I get $30 in "mommy money" to spend. I'm anxious to see how far I can stretch that!

Tania
http://www.mysavingadventures.wordpress.com

Janet September 26, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Ooh, $30 in Mommy Money. That's awesome! Wish our sale was that consignor friendly. I will get $25 deducted from my earnings because I couldn't fill my volunteer shift due to having a sick child.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP