Redplum

Menu Plan Monday 3/22

>> Monday, March 22, 2010

If you were reading last week you'll remember I mentioned we'd be having "steak something" one night. My husband had moved the steak from the freezer to the fridge to thaw but we weren't sure what we wanted to do with it. We ended up making Beef Stroganoff. I had been craving it for awhile and when I mentioned it, my husband was all for it. The recipe I use is his Grandmother's. When we got married my sister gave me a recipe book with family recipes she'd gathered from my family and  my husband's family and this was included. I thought I'd share it. We loved having it again after not eating it in a while. Hope you'll enjoy it too.

Grandmother's Beef Stroganoff
1 lb. lean round or sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
1 large onion, choppped
1 can beef consomme
1/4 c. water
1 small can(or fresh) sliced mushrooms
dash of worcestershire sauce
1 8 oz. container sour cream
garlic salt
pepper
flour
butter(or oil)

Sprinkle beef with garlic sale and pepper. Roll in flour and brown in butter (or oil, I use canola oil). Add onion, beef consomme, water, mushrooms and worcestershire sauce to browned beef. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Cool a bit and add cantainer or sour cream and stir thoroughly. Serve over rice or noodles.

Now onto what we'll be eating this week.

Black Bean Burritos
Shrimp & Grits
Baked Penne (carried over from last week)
Breakfast for dinner
Chinese Style Glazed Chicken Breasts, broccoli, rice

Stop by Orgjunkie.com for more menu inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP