Redplum

Thrifty Thursday

>> Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shelly at Coupon Teacher hosts Thrifty Thursday on her blog. This week she is asking 10 questions to determine our thrifty habits. I thought it would be fun to join in.


1. Do you use coupons to save over 50% or more on your groceries?

Yes, my savings vary from 50-90%.

2. Do you reuse paper products like foil, plastic baggies, or plastic utensils?


Foil-no. Plastic baggies-sometimes. Plastic utensils-rarely use these but do reuse the ones we have.

3. Do you buy things like clothes, home goods, or entertainment items for full price?


Absolutely not. I actually became a bargain clothes shopper as a teenager, long before I learned to save money in other areas.

4. Do you eat out more than once a week?


I actually like to eat out but I'm working on it. We've had to cut back due to our current budget issues and hopefully the eating out less will stick. Although, I must say I enjoy being married to a restaurant manager. :)

5. Do you feel an obligation to take free samples or toiletries in hotels?

Not an obligation but I do usually take the shampoo and soap.

6. Do you send it more than one mail in rebate a month?


It varies. Some months I don't send any others I send several.

7. Do you feel an obligation or need to stop at every yard sale you pass?


I like to stop if I have the time. Generally my yard sale trips are planned though.

8. Do you recycle items on Freecycle or for money?


I've not used Freecycle since the move. We take our recycling to local collection areas. We "recycle" clothing, toys, etc. through yard sales, consignment sales, Craigslist & donations.

9. Have you lowered all your bills to the smallest amount you can pay for acceptable services?

No. We still have cable. We have a small package but not the minimal services. My husband still uses a cell phone contract service.

10. Have you figured out the best way to save money is to spend less and stretch all you have as far as you can?


Yes, I have. I have become less wasteful over the last few years and more and more fed up with our excess. We're letting it go!

1 comments:

Coupon Teacher February 25, 2010 at 3:15 AM  

Thanks for joining in! I really enjoyed your answers. I think you beat me by a little bit!

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP