Redplum

Menu Plan Monday 2/8/10

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

I strayed from last week's menu plan quite a bit so I'll be moving a few of those things to this week's menu. The thing about keeping a well stocked pantry is that you can improvise when the mood strikes. My youngest kept asking for mashed potatoes last week and so instead of the Chicken Parmesan pizza I decided to do something else with the chicken and serve mashed potaoes with it. While looking around I found this recipe for Ritz Cracker Crumb Chicken. I added some garlic powder to the cracker crumb mixture for a little extra flavor. It was so good! Without a doubt the juciest chicken I've ever made. However, I would suggest not looking at the nutritional information if you want to make this recipe. ;) I won't be making it often because of that but we sure did enjoy it this time.



This is what we'll be eating this week:
Turkey Joes & carrot sticks
Baked pork chops, mashed potatoes, salad
Crockpot roast & veggies
Black Bean Soup
Valentine's Dinner*-Red Hot Love Burgers, Spicy Fries and Love Potion Ice Cream

*Our Valentine's dinner is a long standing tradition. Early in our marriage we were broke like so many young married couples. Ground beef and some inexpensive frozen fries were all we could swing. My dear husband made that dinner special by shaping the burgers like hearts and heating them up with spices and tobasco sauce. We have continued that tradition since that Valentine's Day and we enjoy it as a family now. The Love Potion is from Baskin Robbins. We always buy a small container every year to enjoy after our dinner.


For more menu ideas stop by I'm An Organizing Junkie.

1 comments:

Tami February 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

That's such a sweet Valentine's Day dinner! I love the story behind it.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP