Redplum

Menu Plan Monday 2/15/10

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

This weeks was a fun week in the kitchen for me. I'm not a big fan of cooking meals but I love baking and making treats. Last year I decided to make treats for my family for Valentine's Day instead of buying them. I (and they) enjoyed it so much I decided to make this a tradition. I surprised them with completely different treats this year. I made them Conversation Heart Fudge, Peanut Butter Heart Cups and Devil's Food Cake Balls. I adapted a couple of the recipes. For the Peanut Butter Heart Cups I just used Nestle semi-sweet chips instead of buying and melting down the hearts (less expensive) and I made red candy hearts using Wilton candy melts instead of the chocolate hearts. For the Cake Ball recipe I just substituted Devil's Food cake mix for the Red Velvet. All of these recipes can be adapted slightly to be made for all occasions.


Now for the meal planning. This week we'll be having:

French loaf pizza
Baked Chicken and rice
Black bean soup (moved from last week)
Steak, baked potatoes, salad
Italian skillet meal with ground turkey/pasta

For more menu plans stop by Orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

Greta February 15, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

How did the Cake Balls come out? Those look really good. Were they easy to make?

Janet February 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

My family loves them. I find them almost too sweet but my husband and kids think they are the best things ever! They are messy but pretty easy to make. The most difficult part for me is getting them evenly coated.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP