Redplum

Menu Plan Monday 2/1/10

>> Monday, February 1, 2010


In keeping with my goal to cook more from scratch this year I made my very first pie crust last week. Shocking I've made it almost 40 years having never done that before. I made it for the pot pie I was making for dinner. The recipe I used made enough for two crusts though so I had one left over. I wrapped the extra up and kept it in the fridge for a couple of days before I decided what to do with it. I finally decided on Chocolate Side Pies. The turned out perfectly.

I just made the recipe up as I went:
Roll out crust and cut 4 circles with large cup. (kneading and re-rolling as needed)
Mixed together cocoa powder and sugar.
Spoon mixture onto crust circle and dot with butter.
Fold over and crimp edges and prick vent holes with a fork.
Sprinkle with a little sugar.
Bake at 425 degrees until done approx. 12-14 minutes.

Now onto what we'll be eating this week:
Grilled chicken breasts, rice, steamed veggies
Spaghetti with Italian sausage and marinara sauce, salad
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
Crockpot roast and veggies
Black Bean Soup

For more menu inspiration, stop by I'm An Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Keli February 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

Your menu sounds good. It reminded me that I have some sausage in the freezer I can use in our spaghetti this week. Thanks! Enjoy your week!

Leah February 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Your chocolate pies look so yummy :)

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP