Redplum

Weekly Deals:Be Sure To Throw Away Used Gift Cards

>> Saturday, January 16, 2010

My brain seems to have been M.I.A. this week. I made countless mistakes and oversights this week in all areas of my life; not just shopping. So many in fact it's downright comical. I did manage to grab some good deals at Publix though.




I spent: $18.55
I saved: $34.55

I bought:
4 Cascadian Farm Granola Bars B1G1 $7.98
minus (2) $1/2 Target printables= $1.49 each
4 Lenders Bagels B1G1 $3.99
minus (2) $1/2 Qs = .49 cents each
4 Quaker Life Cereal B1G1 $9.26
minus (2) $1/2 Target printables = $1.81 each
2 Hunts Ketchup B1G1 = .87 cents each
4 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta B1G1 $3.58
minus (2) $1/2 Qs = .39 cents each

Bakery Thrift Store:

I bought:

1 loaf Nature's Own Wheat bread $1.49
1 pkg. hamburger buns .79 cents
Total: $2.28

WalMart: Okay, this is where I made one of my mistakes and it took me all week to figure it out. I knew I had $25 left on my Walmart gift card so I went to Walmart to get some things we needed including some items for my husbands birthday dinner. I went to pay and there was no money on my gift card. I was certain there was money left but it didn't show up. So I paid the money out of pocket and went home disappointed because I knew there was money on this card. I tried all week to figure out where that money went. Finally last night I was looking through my receipts and found a Walmart gift card. You know, the one with the balance still on it. I had used the wrong one at the store. D'oh! That's what I get for not tossing that old gift card when I used it up. So I still have that $25 so it all worked out. I just learned a lesson in the process.

I spent $34.66 at Walmart on items we needed for the week.

Total spent this week: $55.49

2010 total: $94.24

For more shopping inspiration stop by
Southern Savers, Money Saving Mom and Cha-Ching On A Shoestring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP