Redplum

General Mills Reduces Sugar In Cereal And $1 Off Coupon

>> Thursday, January 21, 2010


My kids love cereal. More specifically my kids love sugary cereals and to be honest so do I. Sitting down to a bowl of Cookie Crisp cereal takes me straight back to childhood. But as a mom I try to limit the amount of sugar my kids consume so I don't buy a lot of the sugary cereals that line the shelves of most supermarkets. I was glad to hear recently that General Mills has committed to further reducing the sugar in cereals that are advertised to children 12 and under, limiting the amount of sugar to single digit grams per serving. And my kids were happy when I recently came home with boxes of Cocoa Puffs and Cookie Crisp cereal.

Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children’s diets.

Other cereal benefits:

Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children’s diets.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.

More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.

Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.

For more information about kids and cereal, please visit
Cereal Health and Wellness.

If you wold like to try General Mills cereal yourself, General Mills and MyBlogSpark have provided a $1 off General Mills cereal coupon which can be found here.

Disclosure: General Mills and MyBlogSpark provided me with 4 Free General Mills Cereal coupons and information for this review. All opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP