Redplum

Deals Of The Week:Stocking The Freezer

>> Friday, January 22, 2010

Our pantry is looking pretty good so I decided to start focusing on stocking up on meat. I've had a hard time planning meals since we didn't have any meat in the freezer to work with. So I'll be focusing on putting our money towards stocking the freezer over the next few weeks.

Even with all the great Register Rewards deals at Walgreens this week, I didn't really need any of the items so I decided so use my RRs that were about to expire on things we needed.



I bought:
Deerfield Farms Shredded Cheese $1.50
Nature's Own Wheat Bread $2.69
Used: $3.50 Register Rewards
Total OOP: .69 cents

Winn Dixie: I've discovered Winn Dixie is the place to find the Manager's Specials. I went primarily for the pork chops, milk and potatoes and just looked for other good deals with the extra money I had.


I bought:
2 Winn Dixie Organic Frozen Veggies $2.50 ($1.25 ea.)
2 pkgs. pork chops B1G1 $3.97
1 pkg. ground round $4.63 (ouch! but my husband wanted burgers)
1 yellow onion .63 cents
1 pk. apples $1.04 (manager's special)
1/2 gal. organic milk $2.99
5 lbs. potatoes $2.50
Total OOP: $18.26


I spent the rest of my Walmart gift card on items we needed including things like chicken, italian sausage, yogurt, cheese, et. and paid an additional $9.44 out of pocket. I also picked up 4 boxes of GM cereal(4 free items Qs) and a box of cheese crackers at Target while getting some non-grocery items. Cereal was free and the crackers went on the Target gift card so $0 out of pocket

Total OOP for the week: $28.39
Total OOP for the year: $122.63

For more shopping inspiration stop by Money Saving Mom, Southern Savers, Cha-Ching On A Shoestring and I Heart Publix.

2 comments:

The Prudent Patron January 23, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Great job, especially considering you pick up some organic items too!

Janet January 23, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Thanks! If our house ever sells we'll up the grocery budget a bit and be able to include more organic items. For now, I buy whatever organic items I can fit in.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP