Redplum

Deals Of The Week: Inexpensive Bread

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

I went to several stores this week. This isn't the way I normally shop but since I'm rebuilding the stockpile I'm taking advantage of more of the deals out there. It really didn't take that much time. On Monday, I went to the bakery thrift store, Walgreens, CVS and Winn-Dixie. The whole trip took about an hour. Then on Wednesday I went to Walmart to pick up some things and used my gift card. I decided to try the bakery thrift store this week and was so happy I did. They carry Nature's Own bread which is one of the brands I like to buy. And while their everyday price of $1.49 is about $1 cheaper than it is in most stores around here, they have a Manager's Special table and I was able to get it for even less. Happy dance! Here's a breakdown of my deals.

Bakery Thrift Store


2 loaves Nature's Own bread $1.58(.79 cents each)
1 pkg. Winn Dixie hamburger buns .79 cents
Total OOP: $2.37

CVS


1 GE Energy Smart light bulb $2.99
1 Cottonelle Bath Tissue double roll 20 pk. $12.88
Qs
$1/1 GE Energy Smart Bulb
.50/1 Cottonelle
$10 ECBs
Total OOP with tax: $4.76
Received:$7.50 ECBs($1.50 of them were for Fall spending)

Walgreens


1 Kraft Cheese$2.50
2 Oscar Mayer Lunch Meat $5
1 Electrasol tabs $3.49
1 bag Hershey kisses .80 cents(I'm a sucker for 75% off chocolate)
Qs
$1/2 Oscar Mayer lunch meat
$2.50/1 Electrasol tabs
Total OOP with tax: $8.57
Received: $3.50 Register Rewards

Winn Dixie

Okay, I know I said in my weekly menu planning post that I'm going to try to do more cooking from scratch but my husband saw the Tombstone make a meal deal at Winn Dixie and declared we had to have it. The breadsticks and mozzerella sticks that were part of the deal were sold out so I got a rain check for them.
2 Tombsone pizzas $11.58
1 pkg. Winn Dixie Breadsticks Free(will get with rain check)
1 pkg. Farm Rich mozzarella sticks Free(will get with rain check)
1 2 liter Coke Free
1 Breyers ice cream 48 oz. Free
2 1/2 lbs. fresh chicken tenders $5.99(buy 1 get 1)
1 pkg. peanuts .99 cents (manager's special)
2 Hellman's Canola mayo $4.99(buy 1 get 1) minus .50/1 Q=$2.25 each
Total spent: $23.05

No picture for Walmart. I bought basic things like milk, flour, dry beans, peas, yogurt, etc.
Total of $33.77 but paid with gift card so Zero out of pocket.

Total OOP for the week: $38.75


For more great savings stop by Southern Savers, Cha-Ching on a Shoestring, MoneySavingMom and I Heart Publix.

2 comments:

Noelle January 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

I love when I find a good deal on Bread!
If I happen in to the bakery outlet and find our favorites on the $1 table I scoop them all up and freeze them!
Lately, I've been getting 9c loaves of Nature's Pride Honey Wheat, which isn't my favorite bread, but is High Fructose FREE and for 9c, well you know!

The Prudent Homemaker January 10, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

I see a lot of bloggers post about getting marked-down bread, but I have never seen bread marked down at the stores here. I have seen bread that expires in 1-2 days--and it's always full price, mixed in with the rest of the bread. I have even seen expired bread on the shelf. It seems to be this way at all of the stores here.

The cheapest solution I have found is to make my own bread.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP