Redplum

Deals Of The Week 10/31/09

>> Friday, October 30, 2009

I was out of town last week so I didn't post any deals. I actually did get some deals for my husband while we were in Florida but I was in no way near organized enough to take pictures and keep track of that. I decided to lower our grocery budget to $50 a week to start preparing for a tighter budget. We'll have to start paying rent in addition to our mortgage soon. My husband finishes his job training in just over a week and they will no longer pay for a hotel room for him after that. It's not something we're looking forward too but we're very thankful to have the job and income. Even with the lower budget, I was still able to come in almost $8 under budget due to some good deals including Kroger's Mega Event.



On Monday, I went to CVS & Walgreens to pick up a few things. I also stopped by Wal-Mart to get a few things we needed. I hadn't had a chance to look at my Kroger ad yet and wouldn't have bought the yogurt at Wal-Mart if I had realized what a good deal there was on yogurt at Kroger.

CVS-I burned some ECBs to get cheap Halloween candy.
I bought:
2 Hershey's Milk Chocolate $4(sale)
2 Kit Kat snack size $4(sale)
6 Reese's 8 pk. $5.94(sale)
1 CVS Green Bag Tag .99 cents
Qs
B3G1 Free Herhey's/Kit Kat
(6) .55/1 Reeses
$5 ECBs
Total OOP after tax: $5.53

Walgreens
1 Chapstick Fresh Effects $2.99
2 Pure Silk Shave Cream $1.98(sale with In Ad Q)
6 Reese's Pumpkins $4(3/$2 with In Ad Q)
Qs
(6).55/1 Reese's
$1 RR
Total OOP with tax: $5.21
Received $3 RRs

Wal Mart
1 Super Bubble Bubble Gum $2
1 DumDum Pops $2
1 pkg. Chicken Tenders $2.80(reduced)
3 White Cloud Big Roll TP $6
1 Yoplait Delights $2
1 Danimals $2
1 Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal $3.54
1 Capri Sun $1.97
Qs
(3) $1/1 White Cloud
$1/1 Yoplait Delights
$1/1 Danimals
Free Kashi Honey Sunshine from Vocalpoint
Total OOP with tax: $14.49


Okay, so I was completely surprised to realize I had run out of toothpaste. How does a coupon shopper do that? Not too surprisingly there was a toothpaste deal out there which required a second trip to Walgreens which thankfully is on my way to Kroger.

Walgreens Trip 2
1 Colgate Toothpaste $2.99
1 Hallmark card .99 cents
Qs
.75/1 Colgate
$3 RRs
Total OOP with tax: .47 cents

Kroger-most of the items I bought were part of the Mega Event which I'll break down.
I spent: $16.62
I saved: $44.00

Highlights:
Dole Salad Mix $1.69 (manager's special)
10 lbs. Potatoes $1.99(manager's special)
Bananas on special @ .38 cents lb.=.65 cents

Mega Events Items
6 DanActive Smoothies $11.94
1 Activia $1.99
1 Nestle Morsels $2.49
2 NutriGrain Bars $4.98
1 Playtex Gloves $1.50
1 Reynolds Parchment Paper $2.69
2 DelMonte diced tomatoes $1.98
2 Gatorade $1.98
1 All detergent $3.49
1 Smart Balance Butter $1.99
2 Bumble Bee Tuna $1.98
Qs
(6) $1/1 DanActive
$1/1 Activia
$1/2 NutriGrain Bars
$1/1 Playtex Gloves
.75/1 Reynolds
.50/2 Gatorade (doubled)
$1/1 All detergent
$1/1 Smart Balance
(2) $1/1 Bumble Bee tuna
$2 OYNO Q
-$5 Mega Event
-$5 Mega Event
Total after sales/Qs/Event bonus:$11.26

Total for week: $42.32

Looking for more shopping inspiration? Stop by Southern Savers for Friday Finals and Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturday.

1 comments:

Mary A. November 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Don't you just love they Kroger Mega Savings Event. I always end up with good deals with that sale.

I have an award waiting for you at http://mommysmoneycents.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-first-blog-awards.html

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP