Redplum

Simplifying Saturday And Job Update

>> Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well, the last couple of weeks have probably been the craziest two weeks of my life. The day after my husband's job loss we packed up and headed to Alabama to visit my family. My husband had two phone interviews and two face to face interviews while we were down there. We left Alabama on July 31st and headed to North Carolina to spend the weekend with my husband's grandmother. We arrived home this past Sunday evening. This week has been a blur of doctors appointments, dentist appointments and back to school preparations.

We were thrilled and a bit in awe when my husband received a job offer this past Thursday, two weeks to the day he lost his job. If you want the full details on how this all worked out, you can read it here on my personal blog. This will require us to move but we'll be moving to an area where we've always wanted to live. We realize that in the short term that saving money is probably not going to be possible. Not only are we going to incur moving costs but we also have to sell this house. We know that we may have to carry a mortgage and rent for awhile. We have chosen to look at the long term benefits of this move which include living in an area with a lower cost of living, living where we have always wanted to live and being closer to family. We feel that the long term gain is worth the short term pain. This was not something that we decided to do on a whim. If you read the post on my other blog, you'll see this is something that we had already discussed and had been pursuing. We are very excited about this new opportunity.

So because of all of the circumstances of the last couple of weeks, I have not made as much progress in decluttering as I had hoped. However, yesterday my girls and I tackled the basement playroom. I was absolutely thrilled with my girls' enthusiasm and willingness to get rid of so many of their toys. The toy storage shelves and containers are mostly empty. We tossed a bag of trash and have a ton of stuff for the yard sale we're planning next weekend. This next week should be very productive for us as we prepare for the yard sale.

If you would like to join me in simplifying, please feel free to leave a comment detailing how you simplified this week.

3 comments:

Denise August 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Congratulations on the job & upcoming move!!! I'm so happy that you are getting to move closer to your family.

Lisa August 9, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

Janet, thank you for the comment on my post. Wistful is probably another word on how I am feeling. It is so nice to have feedback about my random thoughts.

Congratulations on your husband losing his job! Funny thing to say, but it sure did open up a great opportunity. I hope you can sell you house soon. Be sure to rent cheap in AL/FL until it sells!

Janet August 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Thanks Denise and Lisa.

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP