Redplum

The Money Jar's 1 Year Blogoversary Bash

>> Saturday, August 8, 2009


Hello readers! Welcome to my 1 Year Blogoversary Bash! I am so excited to be celebrating one year of blogging here at The Money Jar. I started this blog as a way to share my shopping trips each week with other coupon shoppers who appreciated all the great deals out there. I never imagined how much fun I would have finding and sharing all the great deals I come across each day as well as sharing my family's personal financial journey. It has been a year of financial challenges for us and the wondeful, frugal community I've come to know through this blog has been a great source of encourgement and inspiration for me.

I guess I need to say a big thank you to the anonymous woman I met on my very first trip to CVS. She saw me check out with my coupons and asked me if I had ever heard of Money Saving Mom. I told her I had not so she gave me the web address and told me to check it out. That was my introduction to this huge community of frugal bloggers. I also need to thank Crystal at Money Saving Mom and Denise at The Centsible Sawyer. It was my desire to share the deals I found on their websites that got this all started. I also want to send a special little thank you out to Lisa at A Stitch of Faith. She was the very first person to leave a comment on my blog. I remember being so excited to get that comment. I always find comments to be such a great source of encourgement. Most of all, I need to thank you, my readers! There are a whole lot more of you now than there were a year ago. I appreciate all of you so much.

As a way to celebrate my blogoversay and to say thanks to all of my wonderful readers, I will be hosting 7 great giveaways this week. Starting today, I will list 1 giveaway a day for the next 7 days. These will run through the end of the month. I am so excited to be able to offer these so be sure to check in each day for the latest giveaway.
Now, are you curious to see the post that started it all? Here it is in all of it's poorly spaced simplicity. Gotta love those low out of pocket expenses at CVS.

Happy Blogoversary!

6 comments:

Kirsty August 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Happy blogoversary to you!! Thank you for your blog. I don't comment often but you give me a lot of inspiration for frugal yet fabulous living. Here's to many more years :)

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Happy Blogoversary! Here's to many more! :-)

Lisa August 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Happy Blogoversary! Thank you for the mention. If you have time will you drop me a line at astitchoffaith@yahoo.com
I do love comments, too. It is nice to have been the first to inspire you to continue to post!

Thanks

Janet August 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Thank you Kirsty, Christie and Lisa.

Anonymous,  August 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Happy blogoversary!

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP