Redplum

Deals of the week 1/18/09-1/24/09

>> Sunday, January 25, 2009

This was a great week for deals. I went over my grocery budget slightly but I've been under for many weeks in a row so it all averages out in the end.

My best deal was not grocery related at all. I was in Michael's this weekend and they had their Christmas items 80%-90% off including Christmas trees. We knew we were going to have to buy a new one later this year since the one we've had for 6 years bit the dust 2 days after Christmas. It's pre-lit and all the lights quit working 2 days after Christmas. There was no finding the source. Plus, a couple of years back some of the branches were damaged so it was already looking rather worn. Anyway, Michael's had several Christmas trees left and had them marked 90% off. Yes, 90%. I bought a 7.5 foot pre-lit tree for $29.99!!! I was planning to save $200 this year to purchase us a new tree. This is one of the best deals I've found in awhile. I'm sure this is a YMMV situation but you may want to check out Michaels if you are looking for Christmas items. Ours still has quite a bit of stuff left.



Walgreens-I didn't really need/want any of the deals at Walgreens this week, however, I had $8 in Register Rewards expiring on the 20th. I decided to use the RRs to purchase my husband's favorite toothpaste since we rarely get good deals on it along witht the Revlon eyeshadow since it's something I'll use and I would get a rebate on it.



Arm & Hammer Toothpaste $4.29


Revlon Matte Eyeshadow $4.99


Subtotal: $9.29


Paid with $8 Register Rewards


Total w/ tax OOP: $1.84


Will get: $4.99 rebate



CVS-Another week when CVS was out of most of what I was looking for.



I bought:


3 American Greetings Cards $2.97


2 Maybelline Mineral make-up $19.98


Subtotal: $22.95


Qs:


$12 ECBs


Total: $11.61


Paid: $8.63 on GC


Total OOP: $2.98


Received: $13 ECBs


Kroger had their Mega Sale going on so I took advantage and did some stocking up which blew the budget slightly. I paid $58.01 for $102.62 worth of groceries for a savings of 43.4%.


Weekly Summary: I paid $62.83 for $134.86 worth of groceries for a savings of 53.4%.

For more great deals be sure to check out Money Saving Mom and The Centsible Sawyer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me Here


Twitter Moms: The Influential Moms Network Registered Deal Finder
Visit The Product Review Place
Add to Technorati Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP